I am still a little gobsmacked at receiving this award. First of all I didn’t even know such things existed in the blogging world and second I’ve only been blogging a couple of weeks now. I must say though, the community has been so welcoming and warm that I was recently wondering why I hadn’t started a long time ago. But everything has it’s time I suppose.
So I am really happy about this and thank you so much Lori for nominating me. She is the heart, typer, photographer and brain behind Creating Beauty in the Kitchen. She was one of the first bloggers to extend a warm welcome to me when I started and I have been adoring her blog ever since. I once even spent a whole afternoon (work was veeeerrrryy slow that day) reading her old posts, which are so personal. I just love that.
So the way I understand this, is that I will be nominating 11 fellow bloggers with less than 1000 followers, let them know I nominated them, share 11 facts about me, answer Lori’s 11 questions, create another 11 questions for my nominees and link all this back to Lori. Good, let’s get started then.
11 facts you didn’t know about me
1. I LOVE elephants. Seriously, is there a better animal? If I had the space and it was allowed and wouldn’t harm the poor thing, I’d get a pet elephant. I really would.
2. I don’t actually like sweets that much (uproar). Yup, I am more a kinda salty snacky person. BUT I love to bake sweets and dislike baking salty stuff. Weird right?
3. If I could and it wasn’t so far away, I’d buy me (if I had the money in the first place) a small house with lots of land in New Zealand. Potter my life away doing this and that, gardening, baking, creating, travelling. And of course lots of animals. But hey, maybe one day!
4. I love rainy days. If there is a week witout rain, I get edgy.
5. I get addicted to games very easily. As a child I spend days playing PC games. But as soon as I discover a new game the old one is totally forgotten (short attention span).
6. I have never had surgery (lucky).
7. I currently also study English and Literature with an University in England. It’s a long distance course, so I can live wherever I want.
8. When I was a child I was a very fussy eater (it’s all better now, I promise and I do love brussel sprouts now). I wouldn’t eat brussel sprouts or certain meats, never ate fat on meat and so on. But I have always eaten liver and black pudding.
9. I grew up in an old farmhouse with lots on unused rooms and plenty of space to roam in the garden. My brother and I had a little adventure every day exploring the grounds.
10. My favorite colour is green.
11. I am claustrophobic and until a few years ago I would not use an elevator.
Loris 11 questions
1. What is your favorite part of the day and why?
I am not sure if I have one. It really depends on my mood. On a day off, when a long walk is planned or before I go on holidays, I love to get up early and enjoy the morning sun. But when I work I prefer the evenings to bake or relax.
2. How has your blog turned out different than you expected?
I honestly didn’t expect that I could connect with so many people all over the world. I just love that. I suppose I didn’t have any expections other than sharing my thoughts and bakes.
3. Tell us something unique about yourself.
I once slept for 16 hours straight.
4. Do you have a favorite t.v. show? What is it?
Well now, there is a soft spot. I sooo enjoy watching t.v. shows. I rather watch t.v. shows than just turn on the t.v. at random. My top 3 at the moment are:
1. The Sopranos
3. Person of Interest
5. Use three words to describe yourself.
Short. Quirky. Open.
6. Who has influenced you the most and why?
Hmm… tricky. I always tried to me myself rather than looking up to others. I guess I always thought that they were only human too. But to pick one person it probably had to be my partner Ste. He’s made me a lot calmer in the past few years and at the same time he has tried to challenge me to become the person I am today. I wouldn’t want to miss any of that. Thanks luv.
7. What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax?
Read a book. Sometimes I don’t read for weeks or month and then I devour a 500 page book in two days. Diving into a fantasy world issomething utterly relaxing for me.
8. What is your least favorite household chore?
Cleaning the shower. Yes, you’re right, it’s not cleaning the toilet. The shower has just so many chalk stains and they are sooo nasty and hard to get rid off. Really dislike that.
9. What inspires you?
A walk. Whenever I feel down or depressed I go out for a walk. I am lucky to live very close to a city but still right next to the countryside as well. I guess that’s Switzerland for you. It’s so small that everything is really close together. So just walking the bad thoughts off and letting the good ones in, inspires me.
10. How do you want to be remembered?
As a kind person who tried to be herself.
11. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
No, unfortunatley not. I grew up with cats and now we’re longing to get a dog. But we’re living in a small apartement so it is not ideal. We’ll have to save for a bigger place first and put our roots finally down.
These blog’s are really worth checking out and therefore I nominate:
– Emma at Crumbs and Tea her blog is so neat with the most adorable pictures.
– Kristen at The Peanut Butter Jar she blogs about overcoming her eating disorder. It is admirable what she does and she does it with a very honest blog.
– Bunny at Eat Munch Love the foodie adventures of a bunny and her friends
– Olga at Ocean View Kitchen believs in eating in moderation but does not exclude any food from that. I like this and her belief shows in her blog.
– Jenni at Scarletscorchdroppers about the culinary adventures of an English Girl in Hong Kong. You should check out her latest Baileys Cupcakes recipe, awesome.
– Naina at Spice in the City definitely an Ode to food.
– Himanshu at The White Ramekins it’s so rare to see men blogging about food and baking and this one really knows what he’s doing.
– Janine at The Quiet Baker enjoy the evreyday food adventures she whips up.
– Sarah at Sarah’s Kitchen her passion is baking and I can tell you, it looks gooood.
– Selma at Selma’s Table has a wonderful blog and is one of the first people I virtually met here. Please check out her blog.
– Melli at Melli’s Kleidersalat yes, this isn’t about baking and yes, this isn’t in English. But Melli loves to sow and she creates the most wonderful things for her children and herself who model on the pictures. It’s fantastic!
And here are my 11 questions for the nominees
1. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?
2. Why do you blog?
3. If you could do anything in the world, what would you do right now?
4. Which is your favourite plant?
5. Who is the dearest person in your life?
6. Coffe or tea?
7. Which is your favourite fairytale?
8. What makes you want to scream with joy?
9. If you could have any pet (with adequate animal housing) which would it be?
10. What makes you, you?
11. What is your guilty pleasure?